Resource Commission Duties
- Give leadership to the vision, usage and policies of the Conference Resource Library.
- Resource congregations or special groups in a variety of ways.
- Encourage and resource faith formation in congregations
- Appoint and oversee a Youth Ministry Committee (number and term length to be determined by the Resource Commission) to envision and implement area conference youth ministries which engage congregations in reaching, resourcing, and reviving youth for an everlasting relationship with Christ.
- Provide resources in the areas of worship, music, evangelism, outreach, peace and justice, ethnic relationships, special needs and other issues affecting congregations and communities.
- Appoint an Historical Committee (number and term length to be determined by the Resource Commission) to develop policies about items of historical and cultural interest including the collection, preservation, and availability of official records and materials pertaining to the Western District Conference and its congregations via a relationship with Mennonite Library and Archives at Bethel College as the official depository of this material.
Resource Commission Members
- (2024) Derek King, Eden Mennonite Church, Moundridge, KS
- (2024) Melissa Atchison, Chairperson, Manhattan Mennonite Church, Manhattan, KS
- (2025) Stephen Wilcox, First Mennonite Church, Halstead, KS
- (2025) Debbie Goossen, First Mennonite Church, Beatrice, NE
- (2026) Graciela Tijerina, Iglesia Menonita Casa Betania, Newton, KS
- (2026) Norma Duerksen, First Mennonite Church, Hillsboro, KS