Report ministerial misconduct/abuse

How to Report Ministerial Sexual Misconduct

Western District Conference Minister Contact Information:  Heidi Regier Kreider, Phone:  316-283-6300, Email:

Western District Conference (Mennonite Church USA) is committed to taking all claims of ministerial sexual misconduct seriously.  We strive to make reporting abuse a safe process for you.

What is ministerial sexual misconduct?

Ministerial sexual misconduct can include sexualized behavior by a minister involving individuals with whom the minister has a professional relationship, unusual attention given or received by a pastor, or other occasions when a credentialed person abuses the trust placed in him or her.  Further description and examples of sexual misconduct can be found in A Shared Understanding of Ministerial Leadership: Polity Manual for Mennonite Church Canada and Mennonite Church USA, pp. 68-70.

How do I report ministerial sexual misconduct or abuse?

If you have been harmed by a minister, please contact the Western District Conference Minister.  See contact information below.

If you are a church chairperson or other congregation member who is concerned about possible misconduct by your pastor, please contact the Western District Conference Minister, who will assist you with the reporting process.

Where do I get more information about the process of reporting misconduct?

You are invited to read the Ministerial Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedure here and/or contact the Conference Minister (see contact information below).

Do not hesitate to contact the Conference Minister with any questions or concerns you might have on this subject.

What if I need to report misconduct by a WDC Conference Minister?

If you want to report ministerial sexual misconduct by a Western District Conference Minister, please contact our denominational minister:

Michael Danner, Mennonite Church USA, Phone:  574-523-3095, Email: