Peak into the library by watching this video!
WDC Resource Library and Covid-19
While the Resource Library remains closed to the public as a precautionary measure against Covid-19, resources are available by reservation and pickup. Contact Jennie*, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Online Library Catalog (above) to reserve your items. To reserve items online, just log in with your library barcode number (email the library if you need your library card number). After you receive notification that your items are ready, you can pick them up anytime Monday through Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
*Jennie is happy to offer suggestions for individual study, children’s story, group discussion and other resourcing needs!
Paraclete Video Streaming Service
- Contact the library for login information
- View what’s available at http://
- Videos for study (group or individual) on Faith Formation, Grief, and Social Issues
- Access available through April 2, 2021
- Books for Children (animated books, talking picture books, read-along chapter books, National Geographic videos, non-fiction books, playlists, as well as books in Spanish and French)
Log in here
- Access available through August 31, 2020
Biblioteca – Digital Anabautista (Spanish digital Anabaptist online library)
Preschool Story Hour at the Conference Resource Library returns this fall with VIRTUAL LIVE story hours full of stories, rhymes, and craft ideas on Tuesdays at 10:00am and Thursdays at 3:30pm. Tuesday and Thursday sessions will be different, join us for one or both sessions each week. Story Hour will start Tuesday, September 8 and be geared toward ages 3-5. Story Hour will be led by Library Director Jennie Wintermote and will be shorter than our Summer Story Hour. Register at https://forms.gle/
The Conference Resource Library…
- Is staffed by Jennie Wintermote, Library Director. Her part-time hours vary; just email your requests to Jennie at: email@example.com, and she’ll have materials ready when you come. Other Western District Conference staff can assist you when Jennie is not here, though she knows best what is available!
- Provides resources in a variety of formats: books, DVDs, curriculum, periodicals and anthems. Note: To search the DVD collection in the Online Catalog, click the “Visual Tab”, then on the material “Type”. Select DVD. You will be able to read description, running time, session titles and more. A separate DVD/Video catalog is no longer published.
- Offers the “Box of Books” program which provides bulk loans to churches for a two month period.
- Hosts a summer Story Hour for children ages 3-8 of area Mennonite churches.
- Runs a Summer Reading Program for children and adults.
- Has an on-line catalog of over 12,000 holdings.
- Features the Music Lending Library that consists of multiple copies of 450 anthems for church choirs or small musical groups. A keyboard is available for use in the library or to borrow.
- Is the oldest and largest Mennonite Resource Center in the United States. It began as a vision of the Western District Education Committee in 1936 and was previously located on the Bethel College campus. The Library is now located at 2517 North Main, North Newton, KS. Complete with a lounge, it is a perfect setting to read, study, meet friends, and see what’s new!
- Includes a Texas branch of Spanish-language materials designed to help pastors and other leaders in their congregational contexts.
- Is funded by Western District Conference, South Central Conference and donations by individuals. Other congregations who wish to use library resources may do so by paying a $1 per regular attendee annual feel (minimum $100).
- Individuals (non WDC or South Central Conference) may access library materials by paying a $25/year membership fee.
- Has a new and improved app! Download the Librista app for Android and Apple Devices to view items out, renew and request items. Contact the library for assistance!
Book Bundles for Group Study
The Conference Resource Library offers multiple copies of books for group studies in Sunday school classes, small groups, Wednesday night groups, etc. Contact Jennie Wintermote, Library Director at 316-283-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Current offerings include:
- What is the Bible and How Do We Understand It? by Dennis R. Edwards
- Fire by Night: Finding God in the Pages of the Old Testament by Melissa Florer-Bixler
- Raising Disciples: How to Make Faith Matter for Our Kids by Natalie Frisk
- The God Who Sees: Immigrants, the Bible, and the Journey to Belong by Karen Gonzalez
- The Bible Unwrapped by Meghan Larissa Good
- Why Did Jesus Die and What Difference Does it Make? Michele Hershberger
- Invited: The Power of Hospitality in an Age of Loneliness by Leslie Verner
- Addiction Nation: What the Opioid Crisis Reveals About Us by Timothy McMahan King
- Speak Your Peace: What the Bible Says about Loving our Enemies by Ronald J. Sider
- What is the Trinity and Why Does it Matter? by Steve Dancause
- Why Do We Suffer and Where is God When We Do? by Valerie G. Rempel
- This is God’s Table: Finding Church Beyond the Walls by Anna Woofender
The Conference Resource Library is happy to offer carefully-chosen, high-quality materials. Our churches are theologically and geographically diverse. Not every video will be a perfect match for your group. Please preview each video before use and decide for yourself whether it is suitable for your setting.
- Videos are available to any member of a Western District or South Central Conference church.
- Videos may be reserved up to four months in advance of showing date.
- Videos are loaned for 3 weeks not including mailing days. Videos must be returned or mailed the next working day after showing.
- THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR BORROWING VIDEOS! However, for each video that is mailed to a borrower, there is a postage fee of $3.00 per video or $5.00 for a kit/series. We also welcome donations from Sunday school classes or other groups using a video series.
- Each item is inspected upon return. Any damages because of negligence will result in the user being charged for replacement cost of the video.
- Remember; please do not leave videos in hot vehicles, direct sun, or near magnetic devices.
- Let us know how we can be of service to your church! Suggestions for possible purchase and donations to the Conference Resource Library are welcome.
“Box of Books” Program
- Expand the current collection of your church library.
- Introduce your congregation to new materials.
- Provide resources on a particular subject area.
- Stretch your church library budget.
- Generate interest in your library.
How does it work?
- A contact person in the congregation completes a profile sheet and submits it to the Conference Resource Library.
- The Conference Resource Library staff selects 25 books and sends them to the church.
- The contact person promotes the Box of Books in the congregation and monitors the materials.
- After two months, the contact person collects the books and mails the box back to the Conference Resource Library, and the cycle begins again.
Note: The congregation pays for postage both ways and is responsible for any damaged or lost books.
- Children’s Books for Child Abuse Prevention Month (Dove’s Nest) 2017
- Catechism and Faith Exploration
- Visioning and Strategic Planning
- Hospitality Hints for Congregations
- Talking with Children About Tragedy Leaders Resources