Western District Conference supports congregations and leaders in responding to coronavirus (COVID-19), as they seek to plan wisely and care for members of the community. In the midst of the uncertainty and fears that we all face in this time, here are some resources to assist you:
Sample protocols for congregational gatherings during COVID-19:
- Alexanderwohl Mennonite Church, Goessel, KS – Covid-19 Guidelines
- Bethel College Mennonite Church, North Newton, KS – Covid-19 Guidelines
- Trinity Mennonite Church, Hillsboro, KS – Covid-19 Guidelines
Reflecting on Faith and Fear: “A Time Enduring” is a second FREE edition of the Rejoice devotional in the midst of a pandemic. These are wonderful, thoughtful reflections by some gifted Anabaptist writers.
Covid-19 Resources – Planning for the future: As congregations plan ahead for a combination of ongoing electronic connections and reintroducing in-person gatherings, here are resources to consider:
- Article from Everence: What will church look like as Covid-19 restrictions ease? https://www.everence.
com/everence-articles/ congregational-articles/ congregational-education/ 20200429-what-will-church- look-like-as-covid19- restrictions-ease
- ¿Cómo cambiará la iglesia después que las restricciones de COVID-19 se alivien? Leer en español
- VIdeo: Preparing for the World beyond the Pandemic https://vibrant-
faith-catalyst.mn.co/posts/ 6124173 –
- Article: https://kenbraddy.
com/2020/04/18/20-questions- your-church-should-answer- before-people-return/
- Article: https://kenbraddy.
com/2020/04/22/reopening-the- church-4-phases-for-an- orderly-return/
- Article: https://resources.foursquare.
- Article: Safe Sanctuaries: Supporting a Shift to Online Youth Ministry Meetings
- Article: Best Practices for Returning to our Houses of Worship – from the Great Plains Conference of the United Methodist Church (see attached)
WDC Hope Fund
Western District Conference has established a Hope Fund to support congregations and ministers in direct response to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. We are seeking to raise funds to respond to the most vulnerable by empowering local congregations to meet needs with Christ’s love and generosity in a time of fear and anxiety.
Are the Kids OK? 11 Ways to Keep Children and Youth Safe While They’re at Home – https://dovesnest.net/Are-
Reflecting on Faith and Fear: “Time Such As This” is a FREE edition of the Rejoice devotional in the midst of a pandemic. These are wonderful, thoughtful reflections by some gifted Anabaptist writers.
Pausing to reflect on coronavirus by Heidi Regier Kreider, WDC Conference Minister (WDC Sprouts article, March 31, 2020)
Resources from MC USA: http://mennoniteusa.org/news/
Free booklet from Christianity Today, “A Concise Coronavirus Guide for Churches” with scriptural and theological reflections, as well as practical guidelines for church activities and planning: https://www.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Resources for Community- and Faith-Based Leaders at https://www.cdc.
Other information from CDC:
– English – https://www.cdc.gov/
– Factsheet – English: https://www.cdc.gov/
– Factsheet – Spanish: https://www.cdc.gov/