Ministerial Leadership Commission Duties
- Credential by commissioning, licensing and ordaining candidates for ministry.
- Serve as a consultative body to the conference minister in ministerial placement.
- Support personal and spiritual growth for pastoral leadership through counsel, personal evaluation, continuing education, and professional assistance.
- Support a code of ministerial ethics in keeping with A Shared Understanding of Ministerial Leadership: Polity Manual for Mennonite Church Canada and Mennonite Church USA.
- Function in a consultative role for the resolution of tensions between pastors and congregations.
- Give attention to ministerial salary issues and assist congregations in developing adequate salary levels for their pastors using MC USA guidelines.
- Resource ministry teams that include pastors and deacons through workshops, retreats, and other appropriate events.
- Encourage and promote a congregational and WDC culture of calling persons to leadership in the church.
- Relate to the Mennonite Church USA Office of Congregational and Ministerial Leadership as needed.
Ministerial Leadership Commission Members
- (2023) Rachel Epp Miller, Austin Mennonite Church, Austin, TX
- (2023) Todd Schlosser, Mennonite Church of the Servant, Wichita, KS
- (2024) Gail Graber, Eden Mennonite Church, Moundridge, KS
- (2024) Cynthia Neufeld Smith, Southern Hills Mennonite Church, Topeka, KS
- (2025) Samuel Voth Schrag, Peace Mennonite Church, Dallas, TX
- (2025) Micah Hurst, New Creation Fellowship, Newton, KS