- Kendra Davila
- Pat Cameron
- Ryan Goertzen-Regier
- Raylene Hinz-Penner
- Karin Kaufman Wall
- Anali Looper
WDC Immigration Task Force Networking event: Refugee & Immigration Justice Event April 21, 2022 –
MCC Video- “Welcoming Refugees to Your Community.”
“Strangers in Town” video
Immigration Task Force encourages WDC congregations and individuals to take action on behalf of our refugee neighbors. Here are a few possibilities to consider:
Pray! Loving God, in your infinite compassion, we seek your Divine protection for refugee children who are often alone and afraid. Provide comfort and healing to those who have witnessed violence and destruction, who have lost parents, family, friends, home, and all they cherish due to war or persecution. Comfort them in their sorrow, and bring help in their time of need. Show mercy to migrant children who travel without parents or others who care about them. Reunite them with their loved ones. Guide these children who are strangers in a foreign land to places of peace and safety. Bring them comfort, healing, and hope, too. Show us how we might reach out as your hands of help and hope to them. Open our hearts to migrant and refugee children, so we might see in them your own migrant Son, Jesus. Give us courage to stand with them against those who would do them harm. May we truly love our neighbors as ourselves. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
-Consider making a donation of money or supplies to the International Rescue Committee in Wichita for a large recent increase in refugees who are arriving in Wichita. They are in need of several supplies that can be taken to the IRC Wichita. Click here for the donation supply list and delivery information.
-Call your representatives in Congress.
Support WDC congregations who are assisting refugees and immigrants in a variety of ways. Contact Kathy Neufeld Dunn, the WDC Staff Liason for the Immigration Task Force for more information. 316-283-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Resource about what immigrants and pastors and lawyers can do in case of ICE raids: https://mailchi.mp/
Websites for Immigration Resources:
- Mennonite Church USA news on immigration
- WDC Resource Library
- MCC Washington Office
- MCC US Office on Immigration
- MCC Resource Library (Select Category: Immigration/Refugee)
- Peace and Justice Support Network of MC USA
- Sanctuary Movement: www.sanctuarynotdeportation.org (and for particular resources: www.sanctuarynotdeportation.org/resources.html)
- LearnPrayJoin: Immigration Justice Webinar, Aug 27, 2018
Information about immigration:
- 4 Facts about Border Enforcement
- 8 Things to Remember When the Immiration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Conducts a Raid
- Atlanta 2003 Immigration Statement Congregational Resources
- Christians for Comprehensive Immigration Reform Fact Sheet
- Hospitality or Legality: What’s more important when debating Immigration?
- Loving Strangers as Ourselves: Biblical Reflections (order information)
- MCC U.S. Immigration Listening Project: What the Church is Saying
- MCC U.S. Washington Office Guide to Immigration and Globalization
- MCC U.S. Washington Office Guide to Immigration Reform
- Mission Dei, Volume 19: Immigration and the Bible
- Top 10 Immigration Myths and Facts
- Washington Memo “Members of one family: U.S. Immigration Policy” Summer 2011
- What Part of Legal Immigration Don’t You Understand?
- Interfaith Sanctuary Toolkit Manual del Movimiento Santuario
- Immigration Raids Rapid Response For Faith Allies