2. We’re connecting with our friends from the broader Mennonite Church through service projects and tours of Mennonite Central Committee Central States, Kauffman Museum, Everence, Mennonite Disaster Service and others. Please come hear about and participate in the work of these ministry partners at the Western District Conference Annual Assembly, July 26-27 at Bethel College, North Newton, KS. For more information, go to: https://mennowdc.org/annual-assembly/#2019annualAssembly
3. Attn: WDC Congregation offices: For the upcoming Annual Assembly, each congregation is entitled to one vote for every 30 members or fraction thereof based on your membership number as of January 1, 2019. Delegates may carry more than one vote if necessary. Please send your membership number and delegate names to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 316-283-6300 by July 12. Even if no delegates will attend the Assembly, your membership number is needed for WDC records.
4. Imperfect Peace Witness Tour: As part of Assembly on Saturday, July 27, 2:30-5 pm, tour participants will learn about Central Kansas “peace heroes” who stood up to nationalist neighbors during WWI. All tour-goers will gather in the Kauffman Museum parking lot and travel together in an air-conditioned charter bus. $10 for those who also register for WDC Annual Assembly. $20 for those who just plan to go on the afternoon tour. We are raising money for Mennonite Library and Archives after expenses, so more stories like this may be told.
Camp Mennoscah announcements
1. We are MennoCon19 in Kansas City this week! Stop by the Mennonite Camping Association booth and check out all the amazing camps that are part of the wider Anabaptist camping ministry (including Camp Mennoscah!). We’re spreading the news of fun faith formation and hearing stories of camps across the United States and Canada.
2. The fun is just beginning! Summer Youth Camps at Camp Mennoscah are stunning and we are thrilled we have 5 amazing camp weeks left. Campers are welcome to register for a week of faith, fun, and fellowship on the theme of Peace Works: Empowering Peacemakers. It’s an awesome time with worship, swimming, crafts, nature, and lots of friends! Register at campmennoscah.org!
3. Young Adult Weekend on August 2-4! Young adults (18 and older) are invited to spend a weekend enjoying camp activities, worship, and fellowship. Attendees will share in preparing simple meals. Scholarships are available online in the registration process or contact Camp Mennoscah at 620-297-3290 for information. Register at campmennoscah.org!
4. Sing for Camp Mennoscah! We’re having our annual Camp Sing celebration of a stunning summer of youth camps on August 11 at Hoffnungsau Mennonite Church in Inman, KS. We’ll start with a storytime from 5:45pm – 6:05pm, followed by joyous singing at 6:30pm. After joyfully worshiping in camp songs and hymns, we’ll share in popcorn, pop and conversation. All are invited, whatever your age or skill!
2517 North Main, PO Box 306
North Newton KS 67117
316-283-6300; FAX: 316-283-0620