WESTERN DISTRICT CONFERENCE
December 15, 2020
A weekly communication for WDC Churches and Pastors
WDC Executive Board, Commission, Committee and Task Force members
Any content may be used in bulletins and newsletters and
forwarded to congregational leaders and members.
WDC Sprouts is also available at: www.mennowdc.org (Publications)
We invite your continuing support for WDC! Contributions may be made HERE.
IN THIS ISSUE:
*Pastoral news & transitions
First Mennonite Church, Beatrice NE – Pastor
First Mennonite Church, Newton KS – Pastoral Team
Turpin Mennonite Church, Turpin OK – Pastor
News and Transitions
Mervin Dick, former WDC Conference Minister for Colorado, passed away on November 26.
The WDC office and Resource Library remains closed due to Covid-19 precautions, and staff members are working from their homes. Note that staff will take holiday and vacation time December 24 through January 3, 2021, and will be available beginning January 4.
Camp Mennoscah announcements
- A Christmas full of light and love to all of you! The Camp Mennoscah staff and Board of Directors prays for you to find Christ’s love and joy during this not-as-usual Christmas season. May you find hope, joy, and peace in your celebrations!
- Camp Mennoscah is a wonderful space for families and groups needing space to spread out! Facilities for differently sized groups are available with a variety of gathering areas. Trails and fields are waiting to be hiked and used for fun activities, too! Contact Camp Mennoscah at 620-297-3290 or email@example.com reserve! You are invited to enjoy this sacred space!
- A few extra Camp Mennoscah hoodies are available! (Adult sizes only.) Contact Camp Mennoscah at 620-297-3290 or firstname.lastname@example.org Grab yours before they’re gone!
Mennonite church announcements
- Looking for a non-traditional pastoral role? Become a unit leader for Service Adventure, a gap-year program for ages 17-20 from Mennonite Mission Network. Unit leaders, who are at least 24 years of age, serve as mentors to the young adults in the Service Adventure household. Learn more by contacting SusanN@MennoniteMission.net.
- Mennonite Voluntary Service is accepting applications for the 2021-2022 service term. Serve, learn and grow in faith with a community of your peers! Visit MennoniteMission.net/MVSto learn more!
- Hesston College announces an online event for February 20, 2021: What if They Don’t Come Back? Pastoring Through the PandemicPastors and church leaders have had unprecedented challenges during COVID-19. How do we care for each other when we can’t be together? How do we move toward each other in a time of historical division if we can’t be in proximity? How do we reach out when we really should stay home? Tensions, divisions and frustrations abound and the Pastor is at the center of it all. But what if in the midst of challenge comes the opportunity for transformative change? More information/registration at: https://www.hesston.edu/academics/departments/call-program/weekend-college/what-if-they-dont-come-back/
WDC Sprouts announcement guidelines: Announcements pertain to Western District Conference (WDC) ministries and churches, institutions with which WDC has formal relationships, and Mennonite Church USA agencies and ministries.
Western District Conference
2517 North Main, PO Box 306
North Newton KS 67117
316-283-6300; FAX: 316-283-0620