WESTERN DISTRICT CONFERENCE
April 12, 2016
A weekly communication for:
WDC Churches and Pastors
WDC Executive Board, Commission, Committee and Task Force members
Any content may be used in bulletins and newsletters and
forwarded to congregational leaders and members.
WDC Sprouts is also available at: www.mennowdc.org (Publications)
IN THIS ISSUE:
Alexanderwohl Mennonite Church, Goessel, KS – Pastor
Bethel College Mennonite Church, North Newton, KS – Pastor
Eden Mennonite Church, Moundridge, KS – Pastor
Faith Mennonite Church, Newton, KS – Associate Pastor
Hoffnungsau Mennonite Church, Inman, KS – Pastor
Iglesia Menonita Aposento Alto, Wichita, KS (Church Plant) – Pastor (Search Committee appointed)
New Creation Fellowship Church, Newton, KS – Pastor
San Antonio (TX) Mennonite Church – Pastor
- WDC Reference Council is coming up – April 23 at First Mennonite Church in Beatrice, NE. Please RSVP by April 14 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 316-283-6300. See more information at: https://mennowdc.org/annual-assembly/#2016springReference
- The Camp Mennoscah Board of Directors invites you to a fundraising meal for the Kitchen/Dining Hall Renovation on April 23 at 5:30 pm in the Camp Mennoscah dining hall. There will be music by Book of JEBB and a meal of favorite camp foods served by the Board. Renovation plans will be available to preview and you can meet Jerry Kroeker, the new executive director. Please RSVP to 620-297-9014 or email@example.com.
- Men and Boys retreat at Camp Mennoscah is April 15-17. All ages are welcome on Friday with registration beginning at 9am on Saturday. Come out and stay in a cabin, staff house, tent, RV, or sleep under the stars. You can bring your own food OR Saturday supper through Sunday lunch meals are available for purchase. No preregistration needed. If you have questions you can contact Kevin Neufeld at 316-322-5515 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This guys-only retreat is a hootin’ good time!
- More room for retirees! Our rollicking, good-time Retirees Relaxation Retreat at Camp Mennoscah is April 25-27. Our theme is Mennonites in Early Kansas. There will be times for Bible Study, music, presentations, and most definitely coffee breaks throughout the day. It’s a chance to join with others and to renew in the midst of creation. Invite a friend to share in the fun! Call 620-297-3290 for a brochure or register online at www.campmennoscah.org.
- Share the awesomeness! Camp Mennoscah’s summer youth camps are a perfect summer activity to share with friends. Our summer theme is Fearless Faith: Courage in Community and we’re looking at stories of communities that were challenged and grew as the people of God. Know someone who would benefit from a camp experience? Bring a Friend for a free tee shirt! Scholarships for summer youth camps are also available. Early Registration discount ends May 1! Contact us at 620-297-3290 or register online at www.campmennoscah.org.
Mennonite Church Announcements
- Job opening: Communications associate. Mennonite Church USA’s Executive Board staff is seeking a 0.75 to 1.0 FTE Communications associate. Location: Elkhart, Indiana; Newton, Kansas; or dispersed. The person in this role will write and edit feature stories, news articles and content for social media posts, convention exhibits and other communications projects, highlighting stories and ministries from across the denomination. As an integral part of the Communications Team, the person in this role will work with the team on long-term vision, messaging and communications strategy. Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, journalism or English, and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and social media. For a complete job description, see www.mennoniteusa.org/jobs. To apply, send a cover letter, resume, three to five writing samples and contact information for three references to Janie Beck Kreider, director of communications, at: email@example.com.
- Healthcare professionals and their families are encouraged to register now for the Mennonite Healthcare Fellowship (MHF) 2016 Annual Gathering, June 17-19 at the YWCA of the Rockies, Estes Park, Colorado. Theme: “Wholeness and Holiness: Views from the Mountaintop”. Topics include the spirituality of illness, international healthcare, end of life ethics, public health, trauma, and gun violence. Vibrant worship, stimulating speakers, and a variety of workshops. Open to anyone interested, especially persons from medical, mental health, therapy, and chaplaincy professions, including students and retirees. Children and Youth Program provided. Registration deadline extended to April 30. Go to www.mennohealth.org/gathering or call 1-888-406-3643.
- The MCC Central States Material Resource Center is getting a makeover! The time has come for our space in North Newton to get a fresh face and design. Volunteers are needed to help rework the space starting April 11! If you’re interested please call the MCC office at 316-283-2720 or email Irma at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Western District Conference
2517 North Main, PO Box 306
North Newton KS 67117
316-283-6300; FAX: 316-283-0620