WESTERN DISTRICT CONFERENCE
July 8, 2014
A weekly communication for:
WDC Churches and Pastors
WDC Executive Board, Commission, Committee and Task Force members
Any content may be used in bulletins and newsletters
and forwarded to congregational leaders and members.
WDC Sprouts is also available at: www.mennowdc.org (Publications)
IN THIS ISSUE:
1. The Discernment Task Force survey, related to the Rainbow Mennonite Church resolution that was introduced at Assembly 2014, will be released next week instead of today. The deadline for the survey return will be extended to August 31. (For information only, this is not a bulletin announcement.)
2. The Year of the Bible scripture (“A brisk telling of God’s grand story“, prepared by Pastor Brad Roth) that was used at Friday worship Assembly 2014 is available at: https://mennowdc.org/conference-life/annual-assembly/ for use in your worship services or assembly reporting.
3. Michael Unruh and Greg Shelley are ready for a stupendous singing extravaganza on August 10! They will host the annual CAMP SING to be held at Shalom Mennonite Church in Newton at 6 pm. We’ll have a blast singing camp songs, connecting with friends and staff, eating popcorn and sipping generic pop! The more the better – we can’t wait to sing those Camp Songs one more time!
4. Family Camp is July 26-27! Join us at Camp Mennoscah for an inter-generational Family Camp with a treasure hunt, river fun, stargazing, swimming, campfire, and worship! Ruth Harder and Jesse Graber will be our trusty leaders for this weekend of grand adventures. The brochure can be found online at www.campmennoscah.org or give us a call at 620-297-3290 for more information!
5. Limited chances remain! Only a few summer youth camps remain for the 2014 summer at Camp Mennoscah. We’re ready to fill them to the brim, so give us a call or email. We’ll get you registered and on the way to having gobs of fun. Camps remaining are Junior High II (8th/9th grades), Junior II (6th/7th), and Senior High (10th-12th/graduated seniors). Check out these camps at www.campmennoscah.org or call us at 620-297-3290. Great fun is expected!
6. Mental Health Spiritual Retreat–This retreat for those affected by mental illness and family and friends is August 31-Sept 1 at Camp Mennoscah. Weather permitting, there will be swimming, a hayrack ride, and sessions on the theme of Finding Your True Self. A brochure can be found at www.campmennoscah.org under Retreats. Scholarships are available.
7. Women & Girls Retreat will be September 4-7 at Camp Mennoscah. See attached information and registration forms (also available at: https://mennowdc.org/calendar/). Note there are separate registration forms for ages 8-12 and for ages 13-99!
Western District Conference
2517 North Main, PO Box 306
North Newton KS 67117
316-283-6300; FAX: 316-283-0620