The Kansas Coalition Against the Death Penalty invites you to its 2021 Abolition Conference: “United Against the Death Penalty: All Roads Lead to Repeal”.
This virtual event will be held on Saturday November 6, 2021 from 1 to 3 p.m. on Zoom.
- Mary Head, murder victim family member;
- Dalton Glasscock, former Chair Sedgwick County Republican Party;
- Kevin Willmott, award winning director and screen writer, KU Department of Film and Media Studies;
- Rev. Willmar Harder, pastor Buhler Mennonite Church; and
- Julia Spainhour, chief attorney of Kansas Capital Habeas Office.
This event is open to KCADP members and the general public. To register and get your Zoom link, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and address.
WDC delegates approved a resolution against the death penalty on August 8, 2009. In this resolution it states “We call upon the congregations of the Western District Conference to support efforts to change the public policy toward the elimination of the death penalty.” WDC’s statement on the death penalty can be found here.