WDC GRANTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
Continuing Education Grant
- Provides funds for pastors to use for continuing education expenses
- Application (PDF)
- Online Application Form
Leadership Transformation Grant (Kansas Leadership Center)
- Scholarships for seminary students
- Application (this form can be filled out, saved and sent to WDC electronically)
- Sabbatical scholarships assist credentialed persons in minimizing their financial burden in pursuing sabbaticals that are refreshing and enriching.
- Sabbatical scholarships are available to persons with active ministerial credentials held by Western District Conference.
- Credentialed persons may apply for up to $500.
- Application Directions
Lilly Endowment Clergy Renewal Program
- Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis administers the Lilly Endowment Clergy Renewal Programs, which grant money to congregations to provide sabbatical leaves to their pastors.
- Guidelines & Application
Grants from Leadership Education at Duke Divinity
Grants from Louisville Institute
ACCOUNTABILITY PLAN FOR WDC CREDENTIALED PERSONS (Please fill out the appropriate form for your credential status below):
- Mentor/Mentee Resources:
MENNONITE CHURCH USA RESOURCES:
Ministry Transitions – Candidate Version – This packet is for persons who are seeking new places of ministry, for those seeking placement for the first time; or for those who are considering being credentialed.
Ministry Transitions – Search Committee Version – This packet is requested by search committees who are looking for a new pastor. This is designed to help them discern if they need a transitional pastor, or what next steps they need to take to have a successful pastorate.
Pastor Congregation Evaluations – This packet is a spin-off of the PCRC packet and is targeted for the pastor review and evaluation process.
Pastor Congregation Relations – This packet addresses the relationship between the pastor and the congregation. It includes a pastor’s job description, as well as the responsibilities of the pastor congregation relations committee, negotiating the pastor’s salary, and addresses sabbatical and study leaves.
Ministerial Credentialing – This packet is called for by the area conference or congregation. Ministerial Credentialing works with the preparation of the pastor’s journey of credentialing, whether it is the process of licensing or ordination.
Sexual Misconduct – This collection of resources includes the Ministerial Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedure for credentialed ministers, and Prevention and Resopnse: Sexual Abuse and Non-Credentialed Individuals.