In 1912 the Western District Conference Mission Board voted to establish a mission church in Hutchinson. The following year on April 20, the first Mennonite service was held in Hutchinson with 37 people in attendance. Services continued to be held on a regular basis leading to the adoption of a constitution on April 9, 1922, and the forming of the Hutchinson Mennonite Church, later becoming First Mennonite Church in 1939. Throughout its history, the people of First Mennonite have reached out into the community in service to the city of Hutchinson. Now, in 2022, First Mennonite Church of Hutchinson, KS is celebrating its centennial on October 22 & 23. In addition to the weekend celebration, pre-centennial events will be held on October 5, 9, 12 and 19. You are invited to join in any of the events. Information and registration for the centennial celebration can be found on the church’s website: www.hutchfmc.org  

First Mennonite Church – 52 Rambler Road, Hutchinson, KS 67502

Hutchinson Mennonite Church, located
at the corner of Fourth and Cleveland, was dedicated
in 1920.
First Mennonite Church, 52 Rambler Road, was dedicated in 1959.