Nurses and kitchen staff needed for summer youth camps from June 4 through July 21. Be part of an amazing, faith-filled camp experience! Most people come out for a camp week, but we will also schedule partial weeks, as needed. Nurses must be an RN and can receive either a stipend or a camper discount. Kitchen staff receive a camper discount for up to full camp fees and need to be able to follow directions with a willing spirit. Contact us at 620-297-3290 or email@example.com
Other events and happenings:
- The brush piles and tallgrass prairie have (mostly) been burned! Thank you to the crew of volunteers who helped–with extra thanks to Jon and Martha who provided lunch. Burning the tall grass is done for safety reasons and to help rejuvenate the prairie. Camp Mennoscah has not been able to get this done in the past few years due to weather and volunteer schedules. Camp looks significantly barbecued, but it feels great to have it done.
- Some families have asked how this summer will look. Summer youth camps will be very similar to pre-2020 with cabin use. If we do not have enough counselors, as happened in 2022, we would likely use a tent to allow more campers to attend. A nurse is still working on some of the protocols, but quarantine or close contact groups will not be used. Based on the final protocol/guidelines, general illness may mean the camper would go home sooner than in past years. Camp Mennoscah does not expect to test for COVID. Parents/Guardians would be responsible for any testing.
- Scholarship funds for campers are needed. If Camp Mennoscah gives the same amount in scholarships as last year, the account will be depleted. Donations to the Scholarship Fund are most welcome. Gifts can be made online or sent to Camp Mennoscah, PO Box 65, Murdock, KS, 67111 with “Scholarship Fund” in the memo. Share the gift of faith formation and friends with others!
- You may have heard the HVAC in the Retreat Center is not working. Never fear! There will be portable A/C units this summer in the Retreat Center.
- Welcome, Summer Staff 2023! While we may be adding to the number of summer staff, here is the crew as of March 1: Peter Buller, Schyler Entz, Daniel Miller, Edel Miller, and Jacob Schrag. Additional staff are needed for lifeguarding and grounds. Apply here. We are excited to have them at camp this summer!
- Click to register! Summer youth camp registration is open and Camp Mennoscah is receiving registrations. The summer theme is FruitFULL Faith. Get ready to learn and sing about the Fruit of the Spirit this summer–it’s not a coconut!